When I have this conversation with someone, it’s usually after they have a change in their health. It’s so important to realize this before your health becomes an issue – when it comes to true preventative health get familiar with your Toxic Load. The world we live in is beautiful but with modern advancements in technology, manufacturing, distribution, farming & modern conveniences – are great but not with consequences, many of these huge corporations are focused on profit margins, growth & production not on the quality or potential side effects their product may have on the consumer.
The body is amazing & does a lot to convert & excrete waste by-products created during normal metabolic cellular processes – so when you layer on external toxic chemicals our body must work that much harder to keep them from doing damage & process them out. As a protective mechanism if it can’t process a toxin during phase 1 & phase 2 in the liver then it will store it away in the body to keep it from doing further harm. Accumulation begins, the body can’t keep up especially if we haven’t done anything to change our environment – our organs try & function under this continued stress & eventually, you’ll begin to experience symptoms & dis-ease within the body.
It doesn’t happen overnight – which is why it’s important to keep your Toxic Load in mind as a true preventative health strategy to keep dis-ease away. Take some of that toxic load off your body so it can perform optimally & keep your defenses up. We all have different toxic loads & different capacities that our “buckets” can hold before we begin to experience issues.
Start small, these changes really add up! What products, food, or even an action can you remove or add that is going to reduce your toxic load today?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Visit the Tap Water Database and enter your zip code & find out what’s in your water
– Download the Think Dirty App & start scanning your personal care products you use daily (Deodorant, Shampoo, Soap, Foundation, Mascara, Lip Gloss, Lotion, Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Toothpaste)
– Work indoors all day? Schedule time where you can go for a 5-10 minute walk.
– Optimize your sleep!
– Look up the Dirty Dozen Food List & Avoid or Buy Organic
– Swap out plastic containers for glass or stainless steel
– STOP using toxic air fresheners, perfumes & candles
– Swap out your refined cooking oil
– Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup & Synthetic Dyes in Food